Home > Kuwait > Ministry to restart residence transfer of Visa 20 to 18

Ministry to restart residence transfer of Visa 20 to 18

January 18th, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

Kuwait: The Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor will allow domestic personnel to transfer their residence from Article 20 to Article 18, provided the sponsor is the same, say reliable sources, adding “the decision is likely to come into effect from the beginning of February and will be valid for three months,” reports Al-Jarida daily.

The aim is to protect the rights of expatriate workers in the country and control violations by easing procedures, say sources. The decision was reportedly taken during the tenure of former minister Bader Al-Duwailah, but its implementation was suspended for one year in order to control visa traders.

Meanwhile, Director of General Immigration Department at the Ministry of Interior Brigadier Kamel Al-Awadhi said a joint stock company will soon be established to bring domestic personnel into the country and organize their affairs.
ArabTimes

1. joseph
    January 21st, 2011 at 02:56 | #1

Hi i am in kuwait now .i have been here from last June ,i have planned to move visa no 18 when after 4 months completed from my arrival. i changed the sponsor and finally they refused because i should complete 1 yr here now 8 months completed can i change now?

2. RAJ
    April 20th, 2011 at 23:23 | #2

3. May 26th, 2011 at 22:59 | #3

i am working visa 20 now for 1 yr with same sponsor with his own business,,but we heard that visa 20 to 18 is temporarily closed…is it true? do we need to wait another 3 mnths to open again? its really cdifficult to have visa 20 besides im working in same sponsor…please i need ur answer,,

4. sundar
    June 4th, 2011 at 18:44 | #4

5. mohamed raffi
    June 7th, 2011 at 12:51 | #5

RAJ :I AM WORKING KUWAIT VISA NO.20 I WANT TRNSFER MY RESIDENCY 20 TO VISA NO.18 .CAN I CHANGE THIS MONTH . VISA 20 TO 18 TRANSFER WHICH TIME END.HOW MANY DAYS REMAINING TIME.PLEASE SEND FOR ME INFORMATION.DATE(20-4-11)

6. mohamed raffi
    June 7th, 2011 at 12:52 | #6

7. mohamed raffi
    June 7th, 2011 at 12:53 | #7

AM WORKING KUWAIT VISA NO.20 I WANT TRNSFER MY RESIDENCY 20 TO VISA NO.18 .CAN I CHANGE THIS MONTH . VISA 20 TO 18 TRANSFER WHICH TIME END.HOW MANY DAYS REMAINING TIME.PLEASE SEND FOR ME INFORMATION. PLZ PLZ

8. sidney
    July 5th, 2011 at 14:01 | #8

Hi, i am working on visa 20 and now my visa is expirying on 29 july of this month, so can i transfer my viva 20 to 18 directly to other sponcer. please reply me soon , waiting for your reply

9. rachel fabros
    October 31st, 2011 at 23:15 | #9

hello,im visa 20 but i work outside, i want to transfer to visa 18, is it true that i need to work for 3 years from my sponsor to be transferred?

10. Mujhid
    November 21st, 2011 at 11:25 | #10

My visa is fnished now I am in India now India
    Visa20 is closed is it’s truth

11. Charmaine
    December 14th, 2011 at 12:30 | #11

Hi..I am having a Visa Article 20 as of now, I just want to ask if i can transfer my visa from 20 to Article 18 this month? I need a reply urgent..thank you!!!

12. etsegenet
    May 21st, 2012 at 18:33 | #12

am just have been in kuwait almost 6 month & am working with my sponser & iwant to change my viza to article 18 with same sponser is that posible or i should hve to finish my 1 year contract

13. ganga
    July 22nd, 2012 at 09:38 | #13

i am in 18 no visa my visa profasion managar, supose i want change my prasent company.after how many days i can change my company, what is low of kuwait.

please give me reply by mail

thanks & Regards

14. janu
    August 20th, 2012 at 00:35 | #14

sir.im a staff nurse having more than 6yrs exp,im not getting jobs in hospital since my visa is 20,i need proper guidence to change my visa .plz tell me what i have to do?and whom to contact?

15. suresh babu
    August 23rd, 2012 at 09:35 | #15

i am having 20 no visa,i want to change 20 t0 18 ,i am a graduate,my sponsor don,t have any company ,now i got a job in a company ,they told me that they can change this visa status,wat i have to do for changing my visa,how many day will take for changing my visa, pls give me a reply,thanks

16. September 16th, 2012 at 07:43 | #16

hi i am 20 visa transfer from my previos employer and i am working now in saloon my curent employer he promise to me that he will transfer me visa 18.and i will pay him 200kd..i will work in saloon for more than 1 year.i have to expect that he can transfer my visa 20 to 18.,when i check my civil I.d # in enternet my 20 visa now its renewable and i have now for a violation for almost 1month now for my karama….please me……thanx….

17. February 16th, 2013 at 18:24 | #17

I am visa 20 now, i dont have id. I am 1yr and 4 months in my employer. What i need to my employer now so that i can change my visa in to 18. I am planing to work private sector or company. Please help me.. My employer work outside kuwait nxt 5 days he go.. Thanks to all.

18. Sayad tarannumara
    February 21st, 2013 at 01:57 | #18

Tarannum

19. Srinivas naidu padarthi
    February 24th, 2013 at 13:11 | #19

Hi guys, is this true 20-18 is restarted from first of this feb. is anybody know anout this thinf plz jst give me m’sd call for me,my no is 55617866

20. March 10th, 2013 at 10:17 | #20

Dear,
    i am working in kuwait from 2year above so i want to transfer my visa to 20 to 18 with the same sponser so its still possible or not …plz as soon as possible reply me i am waiting for u r answer or u can call me 50888275 thanks you

21. May 27th, 2013 at 15:07 | #21

hai 20 visa to 18 transfer kanun have is coming maybe this month plese in fame meeeeeeeeeeee plese im waiting

1. No trackbacks yet.

Switch to our mobile site