Q8NRI FORUM

Q8NRI FORUM

A harmonious community for Indians in Kuwait. Get a scoop of daily events, seek help on visa rules, driving licenses and other issues. An Exclusive Ladies Lounge. Say hello in the Chit Chat Corner. Search for jobs and Buy or sell in the Bazaar.

It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:12 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post subject: Regarding Visa Cancellation
PostPosted: July 19th, 2009, 10:05 am 

I had come to kuwait in work visa and was there for only 20 days.The company finished my finger print and medical formalities but didnot stamp my residence or civil id was not issued.When i left kuwait they didnot take me to shoon to cancel my visa nor they gave me any pink paper for signature at the airport.I have not signed any contract or job offer with them.
I tried to come in another company workvisa but my visa application was rejected as my name is till not taken out from Shoon file.I contacted my previous company and they said they will do it but not yet.

Kinldy advise me the future course of action.Can i approach shoon in kuwait to file a case against the employer?

Post subject: Re: Regarding Visa Cancellation
PostPosted: July 19th, 2009, 10:24 pm 
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello meetrashu25, See you have four options:

1. You can give a copy of your passport which shows your Kuwait entry and exit dates stamped, with a copy of your old visa. The mandoop of the new company can then use these documents to prove in the shoon dept that this person who came on this particular visa has already exited.

2. If your old company is a legal company, they will face problems with the shoon after 2 months because any employer who does not transfer the salary of an employee for 2 months consecutively may have his company file blocked at shoon. So, they will have to get your name deleted or they will have trouble.

3. You can wait for 6 months as after 6 months your name will get deleted from the shoon records.

4. Or if you or anyone here knows the mandoop of the old company, keep requesting him regularly to get your name deleted from the shoon records.

Keep us posted!

PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 7:51 am 

Hi Paul,

We have been regularly pleading the Mandoub and the owner to remove the name from Shoon file.But they have not yet taken out.Now the Mandoub is gone on a long vacation and the owner is not reponsing to my calls.Once when my mom called up he said i will do it tomorrow but not yet.My brother who is in kuwait has been calling them,sending mails and messages but no reponse.My brother went to the office several times but he is not giving any appointment or not meeting him.The mandoub before leaving kuwait said he will cancel but not yet cancelled.

Secondly i gave all the documents mentioned by you in the n0.1 option and the new company mandoub was not able to do anything.He said Shoon needs the Green paper,Itamath thoukiya of old sponsorer and a letter from him.

My brother is thinking of going to Shoon and filing a case against the employer.

Do you think its advisable.?
Anyways thanks for your reponse.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 11:06 am 
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Ok meetrashu25, just gimme some time, will check with a couple of people in this field. But, personally, I dont think that you or your brother can do anything about it. But, I am not demotivating you and of course, there is no harm in trying. Will get back soon!

PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 11:23 am 

Ok.Thanks.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 5:42 pm 
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey meetrashu25,

I spoke with a couple of friends in this job line and they say that in such cases, you have no other choice but to request the new mandoop to get it done thru wasta and wasta here means that you will have to spend a good amount of KD.

BTW, how many months have passed since you exited Kuwait?

PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 7:24 pm 
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Dear Meetrashu,
You have only two options:
1)Follow up with ur old company nd let them do it.
2)Talk to ur new company mandoob and let him do it for u. You may need to pay for it but it wont take a big amount.
Let me also tell u tht old company did it deliberately to stop u frm coming as residency is not stamped after u came to kwt and exited without residency. Thts a prob for any employee and it may stop him coming into Kwt. Shoon record can't get void by default after 6months its get void in immigration only but tht too if residency is stamped.
Let ur bro approach the new company Mandoob or someone else to fix this otherwise MAIN HOO NAA....
Do catch me back. Goodluck.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 8:09 am 

thanks.